Wednesday, June 15, 2011

More And More Thumbs Up for Klebang Coconut Shake And Nasi Lemak

Famous Coconut Shake @ Klebang, Malacca (Melaka)

>> Dec 6, 2009

I drove down to Malacca on Friday as I had something to attend this weekend. As I was gonna be there for a while, I decided to seek out as much of Malacca's good food as possible.

Since the first time Jien told us about the coconut shake outside his house, we've been doubting him. After all, how good can coconut water and coconut flesh blended with ice cream and ice be? Well, I take my words back.





The Coconut Shake stall
This stall is basically a drink stall. However, their trademark drink is their coconut shake. People travel from far and wide to Klebang just for this drink. I had to drive for 30mins to get there. (Special thanks to my auntie for showing me around Malacca).






Heaven in a glass

The shake is priced at RM1.50. One can opt for an additional scoop of ice cream on their shake for an additional RM0.50. There is a take away cost of RM0.20 for each cup. The shake is made by blending young coconut flesh and coconut water together with vanilla walls ice cream and ice to become a creamy, rich, thick smoothie like texture.

Well, it sure was worth it. The texture of the shake was just perfect. I would certainly recommend anyone who is going down to Malacca to give it a go. Trust me, you won't regret it. I'll make sure I visit this place again the next time I'm in Malacca.

This coconut shake stall is located right beside the Caltex petrol station at Klebang, Malacca.


Check out the Caltex petrol station next to the stall




Restaurant rating 8/10

*Ratings are based on ambience, service, value and food quality for the price you're paying. Opinions expressed are solely based on my personal experience


Map to the coconut shake @ Klebang, Malacca

Address:
along Jalan Klebang Besar (beside Caltex)

Contact:
Telephone number: 013-34994061 (En Shafie)

Opening hours
12.30pm-6.30pm daily (except Friday).
Friday 2pm-6.30pm

No specific off days. They take off when they want to.


Nasi Lemak

No comments:

Post a Comment