Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gutsy lady with an adventure bug


COMPETING in the Amazing Race Season 2 challenge has given 28-year-old Pamela Chong the adrenaline rush and now this gutsy lady is inspired to take up any race or test bestowed upon her.
“It sounds cliched, but being in the Amazing Race was a totally satisfying experience, as it had not only given me that much acquired exposure, but instilled the travel bug in me.
“Since then I have become an avid traveller and I have plans to see exciting places in the world,” said Chong, who is a business development and marketing manager with MileHighSounds, an audio production and music learning school in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
Having obtained a Bachelors Degree in Mass Communications and Multimedia from LimKokWing University College of Creative Technology in Cyberjaya, the Kuala Lumpur-born Chong said working with MileHighSounds has enabled her to try out deejay-ing.
“I would like to experiment the various fields and deejaying is very interesting and catchy,” said Chong, who considers herself a late bloomer.
Currently an ambassador for Power Over Cervical Cancer Campaign, a movement initiated by The National Cancer Society of Malaysia, Chong said the experience was something she holds close to heart and relished.
A food enthusiast, Chong revealed that she loved cooking simple and quick food.
“I love watching cooking shows and my all-time-favourite is Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage, apart from the famous Anthony Bourdain.
“I like something that is quick, simple and fresh, and it’s inspiring just to watch them prepare a dish,” said Chong, whose mother is British.
“I love Japanese because of its simplicity and raw flavours. However, I still love our local nasi lemak, especially the way it is presented and the variety of condiments available in the meal,” she added.
Chong also considers herself an outdoors person and loves river rafting trips with friends, apart from going for dance classes and choreographing new steps.
On her future plans, Chong said she was considering going into business.
“I am still taking baby steps, but I am thinking of going into fashion or setting up a restaurant-and-bar. All of these would require a lot of hard work, but I am game to take the challenge,” said Chong, adding that she was once afraid of failure, but has managed to overcome it by believing in herself and her capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment